UPDATE, August 10:
I see this article is being promoted by supporters of Barack Obama. That is fair and to supplement this list of alleged-to-demonstrated Romney lies, for their education we will link to the following, too, from The Blaze:
Have you found any mistruths among these reported lies?
Wednesday, April 18, 2012; 10:10pm CT
Slow down and just take a look at this… please.
It is a list of alleged lies of Mitt Romney, that is making its way around the Internet, in comments to articles or in forums. Gulag Bound has already verified and chronicled some of them. We are now walking through the list. If you find any items here that are not accurate, please bring them to our attention via comment and we would hope to do the same.
We citizens are ultimately responsible for this. Of Gov. Romney’s many assertions, whether it is about pro-life policy, or dismantling Obamacare, or tax policy (whatever tax policy he has) or national defense, of what may we be sure?
How about any assurances of a basic belief in America, vs. succumbing to fascistic global governance, nationhood no more? And then, where are any rights?
At this critical time, how could we possibly afford four more years of lies?
This particular list was found as a comment, by “StNikao” at TheRightScoop:
Ruthlessness should be fought with Truthfulness.
So far, Romney not shown he is capable of truthfulness.
LIES in CPAC speech – http://www.amycontrada.com/Rom…
LIED IN LAST DEBATE – ARIZONA – http://www.therightscoop.com/r…
ROMNEY SEVEN DOCUMENTED LIES ON AIR – CNN Jacksonville, FL in front of 5.36 million of viewers.
1. He denied accusing Newt of exaggerating/lying about his part in Reagan’s administration only three days before on Monday night in Tampa.
2. He lied about accusing Newt of saying Spanish was a ‘ghetto language’ in an ad that bore his voice.
3. He claimed all his business was run by a blind trust, a tactic that Mitt himself called ‘the oldest ruse in the book’ in a previous campaign.
4. He said he voted for republicans in the past when there was a republican to vote for, but if you look back at the Gingrich ad exposing his lies, it turns out when George H.w. Bush and Buchanan were running, he voted for a liberal democrat.
5. He denied the cost of Romneycare to taxpayers in Massachusetts. “Half of those people got insurance on their own. Others got help in buying the insurance.”
False. In fact, 98% of the additional people insured after Romneycare was passed have it paid for or subsidized by the federal government or Massachusetts government. Of the 412,000 additional people who had health insurance in 2010 who did not have it in June 2006 (pre-reform), only 7K of the 412K (1.7%) had unsubsidized health insurance. The rest were covered through Medicaid, Commonwealth Care, or a program of subsidized care for the unemployed.
6. He denied the impact of Romney care on citizens of Massachusetts. Romneycare has increased the price of healthcare premiums for every citizen of Massachusetts. Premiums have increased by 55 percent since Mitt Romney became Governor, a rate 13 points higher than the national average and the third highest growth rate among the states.
7. He said he lowered taxes in Massachusetts 19 times. Yet he raised fees and corporate taxes twice. No wonder Massachusetts was rated near the bottom (47-49th) in job and business growth.
PROJECTION – Psychological defense, typical of liberal left – symptom of psychological dishonesty and denial – accusing others of one’s own behavior/character flaws
Romney PROJECTION – calling Gingrich and Santorum liberal democrats: http://politicalticker.blogs.c…
WSJ – TRUTH ABOUT BAIN AND JOBS – http://online.wsj.com/article/…
Romney Lied about Jobs – http://www.washingtonmonthly.c…
ROMNEY ADVOCATED OBAMACARE AND LIED ABOUT IT – http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2…
From ’100,000 new jobs’ to Obama’s jobs record to his first name, Mitt Romney has a truth problem
Mitt Romney lies about South Carolina defeat: ‘We were vastly outspent’
Romney Lies in FL debate
Romney Lies About Abortion
Mitt Romney Lies About His Investments In Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac
CBO shows Romney lies about “savings” from repealing Health Care Reform, actually adds to the deficit
Romney Lies About His Pro-Gay Record
Three More Romney Lies (and counting)
Two Huge Romney Lies at CNN Debate Debunked by Gregg Jackson
So, perhaps we will update this, with any corrections – or additions of lies they missed. In the meantime, let us go through it together.
Should we attempt to compile a complete list?
Doesn’t this matter anymore to American voters?
Or, are we so trapped liked penned sheep in a controlled right/left paradigm that it no longer matters whether we have an honest (or completely sane) United States President?
What will do any good, to prevent a Romney/Obama train wreck?
- Mitt Romney Caught Lying on Individual Mandate: Video Disaster, March 5
- Romney Evidence: Globalism, Population Control, Abortion, Tsongas Vote, Lies, February 17
- Unsupportable Mitt Romney’s Deceit Caught on Video & Documented, February 7
- Romney Forced Catholic Hospitals to Issue Abortion Pills, Obama-Style, February 4
Gulag Bound, and other key sources.