See “what you can do right now to save your country” updated in James Simpson’s “Patriot’s Handbook,” which includes many suggestions and guidelines for making the necessary difference to renew and restore America.
Build Strength in Numbers, Commitment and Unity
– numbers build power, power builds confidence, confidence brings victory
- There is strength in numbers. Join a Tea Party, conservative or political club of your choice. Become a formal part of a party organization. As a loner it is too easy to get discouraged.
- Maintain regular contact with like-minded individuals, hang out together regularly and join in movement activities suggested in this pamphlet as a group.
- Read, read, read. Educate yourself on the issues to build confidence, help inform others and reinforce your commitment.
- We surround them. The left is a loud but small minority. They can only win if we let them.
- Ours is the cause worth fighting for. Theirs is pure destruction. Remember that.
Work toward Victory in November
Examine the list below. Pick out the task(s) best suited to your temperment, abilities and resources. If you are part of a group, work together in similar fashion, so that each plays to his/her strengths. Suit up, show up and get to it!
- Support conservative candidates at all levels.
- Understand the essential role of the local party committee/precinct. Read further:
- The Most Powerful Office in the World IS NOT the President of the United States.
- Visit Precinct Solution.org for a concise and easy-to-follow explanation.
- Join your Party’s formal structure. Attend local meetings. Get a seat on the committee.
- Help build your precinct: visit, call, e-mail; many areas have no political infrastructure.
- Volunteer to become a precinct/block captain.
- Volunteer to be an election judge or poll watcher.
- Get involved in political campaigns.
- Learn to use social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instant Messaging to help promote candidates and the conservative message. Get two great free tutorials to learn how:
- Volunteer to maintain Facebook/Twitter site for candidates.
- Use personal e-mail accounts to promote candidates and spread the conservative message.
- Volunteer for candidate sign waving – believe it or not, this simple activity does more for candidate name recognition than many other activities.
- Volunteer to canvas for candidates.
- Attend candidate fundraisers.
- Volunteer for phone banks or just to make calls.
- Get certified from your local Board of Elections to register voters.
- Volunteer for door knocking.
- Put up yard/street signs. Use and distribute candidate bumper stickers.
- 72 hour push – Last three days before November elections, volunteer for any GOTV activity.
- On election day, work outside polls with signs, sample ballots and pamphlets.
Arm Yourself with Facts on Key Issues
Sign up for the Heritage Foundation’s daily and weekly e-mail series, HERE. They are free and cover virtually every issue of the day:
Morning Bell. Tells you what is happening right now. Provides inside information on the other side’s strategies and tactics being applied right now.
Heritage Hotsheet. Provides concise information from experts on the day’s hottest news.
’33 Minutes’ Missile Defense Update (weekly)News on missile defense and updates about upcoming “33 Minutes” screenings happening across the country.
Budget Bulletin (biweekly)Learn how Congress can rein in the red ink and discover an economic agenda to get America back on the path to prosperity.
And many more…
Understand fully the Constitutional basis of our society and how that is critical to restoring our nation to its former greatness. The Heritage Foundation has great resources for understanding the Constitution (see below). It also has studies and regular updates on this and most other public policy issues available at their website, http://www.heritage.org/ — FREE.
- Get the free Heritage Pocket Constitution and Declaration of Independence.
- Download the free PDF book: How to Read the Federalist Papers.
- Use the Bookmark Heritage website, First Principles as a regular reference. Bookmark the site.
Use the Government Printing Office’s comprehensive online tool for access to every single document printed by the federal government. Go to: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/.
Familiarize Yourself with the Tactics of the Radical Left
- Read David Horowitz’s short pamphlets
- Apply/defeat Alinsky tactics.
- Challenge people who disparage our movement and/or make false statements.
- Aggressively expose all Astroturf operations.
- Get to know the leftists. Utilize KeyWiki by famed researcher Trevor Loudon.
- Register to vote, vote in all elections you can and actively help others to do the same.
- Attend town council meetings, town halls, communicate with elected leaders.
- Contact your representative/senator, look up pending legislation and track how they vote.
- Write and call local print and broadcast media.
- Lobby Congress to de-fund the Left.
- Boycott leftist media.
- Counter biased reporting with phone calls and letters.
- Boycott Hollywood.
- Protect our children from the leftist message.
- Stop donating to leftist charities.
- Be a friend of the Earth – de-fund the environmental movement.
- De-fund leftist churches and synagogues.
- Take back our schools.
- Take back our universities.
- Take back our borders
Gulag Bound contributing editor, James Simpson is best known for his exposé on the Cloward Piven Strategy of manufactured crisis, his writings have been published in American Thinker, The New Media Journal, Washington Times, FrontPage Magazine, Whistleblower, DefenseWatch, Soldier of Fortune and others. His blog is Truth and Consequences. James is a former Office of Management and Budget (White House budget office) economist and budget analyst. Email James.