FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Accuracy in Media to Hold Conference – ObamaNation: A Day of Truth
Washington, September 6, 2012? Accuracy in Media (AIM), the nation’s first and foremost media watchdog, announced that it will hold a major conference later this month to focus on significant issues concerning the Obama administration that have largely been misreported, underreported or ignored by the mainstream press. AIM has put together a compelling program of leading authors and journalists, experts and analysts, and well known political figures.
The one-day event, ObamaNation: A Day of Truth, will be held on September 21st from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Heritage Foundation’s Allison Auditorium, 214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE in Washington, D.C. Those unable to attend in person may watch live by webcast at www.aim.org. The full schedule will be available on the AIM website during the week leading up to the conference.
Confirmed speakers include the following:
- Edward Klein, former Newsweek Foreign Editor & NY Times Magazine Editor-in-Chief, author of The Amateur, the NYT bestseller about the Obama White House
- Frank Gaffney, president, Center for Security Policy
- Martin Peretz, former Editor-in-Chief/Chairman of The New Republic
- Andrew McCarthy, journalist, author of The Grand Jihad, former federal prosecutor
- Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, and the founder and head of Congress’s Media Fairness Caucus
- Deneen Borelli, Freedom Works fellow; author, Blacklash
- Jack Cashill, investigative reporter, author of Deconstructing Obama
- Bishop E. W. Jackson, Sr., founder of Exodus Faith Ministries, Chesapeake, Va., ran for U.S. Senate from Virginia, 2012
- Cliff Kincaid, Director, AIM Center for Investigative Journalism
- Artur Davis, former Dem. Congressman, and national co-chair for Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign
- Richard Benedetto, former White House correspondent, USA TODAY, national political correspondent
- Betsy McCaughey, health policy expert, former Lt. Governor of New York, commentator on hazards of ObamaCare
- John Fund, senior editor, American Spectator, expert on voter fraud and the American election process
- Pat Caddell, former Democratic pollster turned mainstream political critic, political film consultant, “The Hope and the Change,” 2012
You can read longer bios of each of the speakers here.
“What the public needs now more than anything is the unvarnished truth about the media’s misreporting, the facts about President Obama’s history, his record and his qualifications to continue leading this country,” said AIM chairman Don Irvine. “This is the reason why we have decided to ramp up our efforts to educate and inform the American people during the last couple of months of this crucial presidential campaign.”
There is limited seating. Those who are interested in attending this event should register online here or contact A.J. Cooke at Accuracy in Media—202-364-4401, ext. 110, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost for the conference is $25 per person, including lunch and afternoon coffee break. Free for media, but must register.