Yep we’re slaves alright. Tax law being the most nefarious of the lot.
Certainly, we are no longer living in a land of “justice.”
We have lots and lots of laws of “Control and Obedience” to the American Royalty
erroneously called The Federal Government. We have King and Queen Obama
and a bunch of Czar’s… Does anybody remember “America”? (the land of the free?)
– J. Carlton, Calgary
This is for everyone who keeps writing me and asking, “When are you going to write about Ron Paul?” No matter what I write about Ron Paul, I will be loved by some and hated by others. Please remember I started with the worst of the lot and, IMHO all but Bachmann and Paul are globalists. Michele carries a lot of baggage, working for the IRS to me is as damaging as Herman Cain having worked for the Federal Reserve. With Ron Paul, you have a man who, among other things, wants to rid us of the Federal Reserve, (watch this important video)…
Video, “One Hundred Million Dollar Penny“
…give power back to the states, is staunchly pro-life, doesn’t believe in World Government, wants to stop the federal spending, wants to stop all foreign aid, wants to bring our soldiers home, has a way to cut spending and the deficit, wants to eliminate federal departments responsible for pushing the horrid UN Agenda 21 and Sustainable Development, would repeal Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, and Sarbanes-Oxley, would lower the corporate tax to 15%, and is a Christian who isn’t pandering his faith like so many of the candidates. Link Here is Ron’s statement of faith and I love it. Link Congressman Paul’s detractors will list many points against him, but if one only searches the reasoning behind Paul’s stances, you’ll find that many of them are constitutional.
Ron Paul was born in August of 1935, and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine, before proudly serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force during the 1960s. He and his wife Carol moved to Texas in 1968, where he began his medical practice in Brazoria County. As a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He and Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of five children and have 18 grandchildren and five great grandchildren. Paul was raised Lutheran, but now attends a Baptist Church.
Paul is a libertarian and thus there will be many facets of his belief system that constitutional conservatives might disagree with albeit his reasoning in most instances is sound and constitutional. If the states were given back their original power under the Constitution to decide issues such as abortion, that action would deprive the Federal government from passing laws like Roe v. Wade which resulted in a national law that forces all States to uphold abortion.
Let’s look at some of the issues conservatives may have problems with, as well as those areas where we’d agree Ron Paul is the only candidate for President who is truly a constitutional conservative and who could put this nation back on the right track. Please take special notice of the links as they’re quite informative andimportant.
1. Ron Paul voted for the repeal of “Don’t Ask. Don’t Tell.” Link Paul seems to waver on whether homosexuality is a sin. Link The Congressman also believes the government should not be in your bedroom and says, “Gay couples can do whatever they want and call it whatever they want as long as they don’t impose it on someone else.” Link
Ron Paul stated in an article in the Huffington Post, “Everybody is an individual person, and everybody has the same rights as anyone else. The government has no business in your private life, you know, so if one person is allowed to do something so should everyone else. The whole gay marriage issue is a private affair, and the federal government has no say.” Get the government out of our bedrooms! It is very important to see that this is an issue of individual justice rather than social justice.
2. Many Libertarians like Ron Paul are closer to the leftists in their love affair with Islam which is one area that is extremely troubling inasmuch as the desire of Islam is to overtake America and make it a Muslim nation. Paul doesn’t believe the religion of Islam is our enemy and I’d have to disagree with him on this issue. Link
3. Congressman Paul says U.S. intervention motivated 9/11 attacks. Link Two weeks prior to the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Ron Paul says that U.S. intervention in the Middle East is a main motivation behind terrorist hostilities toward America, and that Islam is not a threat to the nation. Link Ron Paul has spoken about “;,” which is the unintended consequences of foreign operations that were deliberately kept secret from the American public. In Christopher Simpson’s 1988 book, Blowback, he thoroughly explains America’s recruitment of Nazis into the CIA and its disastrous effect on our domestic and foreign policy that has lasted for years. The same goes for the other CIA foreign operations the public has no knowledge of even today. Please see this important video on Blowback.
Paul also believes we should get out of the Muslim countries now. I too believe this, albeit I want all our soldiers brought home and put on our borders with 50 caliber machine guns to protect our nation from drug cartels and illegal aliens.
4. Ron Paul, the most visible libertarian in the US (under the Republican banner), has said he thinks that sending illegal aliens home where they came from is not “humanitarian.” He also doesn’t believe in building a 700 mile fence. Now it seems the Libertarian Party is following this same kind of reasoning. Link But wait! Here’s what Ron says about illegal aliens in an interview with John Stossel. He wants to get rid of the subsidies for illegals, as well as any mandates by the Federal Government. This would include food stamps, social security, medical care, automatic citizenship under the guise of amnesty, free education, etc. Stop the free rides and they’ll stop rushing over our borders. I agree with his stance. If the bird feeder is empty, the birds won’t come. With soldiers on the border, terrorists won’t either. Paul is against amnesty. Link
5. Ron Paul’s libertarian views would support legalization of pornography and prostitution. Link Again, Ron’s view is the First Amendment protection and that parents can restrict and control their children and it is not the Federal government’s responsibility to do same. Link Prostitution is still going on today whether it is legalized or not and this is a social issue like homosexuality and pornography. Congressman Paul doesn’t believe the government should legislate virtue or morality. I wish he’d tell this to the leftist Fabian socialists and Marxists we have in government control. Link
One of the factors that has brought the decline of morality in America is the failure of today’s churches in teaching sound biblical doctrines and exhorting the members to read and study God’s Word and spread the Gospel and we need to understand this rather than laying the blame elsewhere.
6. Ron Paul is staunchly pro-life and would have laws protecting life decreed by the States rather than by federal law. As I explained above, Ron would like to see Roe v. Wade repealed and let the States decide rather than having the Federal Government making abortion a nationalized law. Link
7. Paul believes the government has no role or authority in regulating drugs, another Libertarian concept. However, his stance has a great deal of merit inasmuch as it actually does pull the rug out from under the drug cartels and their profits. Am I in agreement? Not necessarily, but here’s the Congressman’s take on this issue. Link
8. Ron says terrorists should be tried in American civil courts. The opposition says, “Foreign terrorists belong in a military court.” As for American Citizen, Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed by a U.S. drone strike in Yemen, like Ron Paul I have to ask, “Are we setting a precedent that will be used against other US citizens in the future?” Link It is something we definitely need to consider. Remember, what our government will do to an undesirable citizen, they can also do to us. Note the bill that just passed and will be signed into law H.R.1540 NDAA
9. Florida Republican Congressman John Mica offered the following morally clear Amendment (5/25/2011 – H.AMDT.318 (A018) Amends H.R.1540):
Amendment requires that the rules of engagement [ROE] allow any military service personnel assigned to duty in a designated hostile fire area to have rules of engagement that fully protect their right to proactively defend themselves from hostile actions.
The results? (tallied here): 143 out of 185 Democrats present — 77% — voted against this amendment; 217 out of 235 Republicans present — 92% — voted for it. As for the two Republicans in Congress running who are Presidential candidates, Michele Bachmann voted for the amendment; Ron Paul against it.
And here is the caveat, the law authorizes the United States to use military force anywhere it says there are terrorists, including within the borders of our own country and including against American citizens. This bill eliminates habeas corpus making detention indefinite. It represents the largest hand-over of unchecked war authority from Congress to the executive branch in modern American history. The founders were seriously opposed to handing this much power over to executive, fearing tyranny, which is what we have today. If enacted into law, this provision would make Obama a total dictator who can wage war without the consent of the American people, which he has already done with Libya, but would legitimize it. This bill will legalize an unconstitutional act. Link Ron Paul has clearly sounded the alarm regarding the imminent destruction of the Republic. Link
10. The bogus claim of anti-Semitism arises with Ron Paul for several reasons. Basically his stance on our intervention in the Middle East which he feels resulted in terrorist attacks against us, and his pro-Islamic Mosque stance in New York have fueled this belief. Unfortunately Congressman Paul sponsored a bill that would have eliminated all aid to Israel alone rather than all foreign aid to any country. I do believe Paul wishes to eliminate all foreign aid and I’m in agreement with this stance. As well, I have Jewish friends in Israel who wish Israel would decline any monies from America so Israel could act as Israel sees fit and would not have to bow to American interests.
Here is what my one Israeli friend said, “US aid to Israel has made us (Israel) a puppet under the power of a terrible prez we didn’t elect. US money enslaves us. If no one has the guts to speak truth, they don’t merit to lead a nation. We in Israel live with empty words of blowhard politicians who’re afraid of making the Arabs mad. If you don’t tell the truth, they’ll kill more of us. IF you tell the truth, they’ll kill more of us. I’d rather die for the truth than a lie. The fact is, archeology- facts on the ground- and the history of the region attest to Jews not Palestinians being here from the beginning of time. Go study.”
I have to agree with my Israeli friends and with Paul inasmuch as the strings attached to accepting US dollars inhibits Israel from proper defense of their country.
In Paul’s book The Revolution: A Manifesto, at the end the Congressman includes a section called “A Reading List for a Free and Prosperous America.” And on that recommended reading list is John T. Flynn’s book, As We Go Marching. Congressman Paul is recommending the writings of a man who, in his day, was seen as a driving force behind the anti-Semitic liberal Republican Senator Nye and the Senate investigation into Jewish influence in Hollywood. Link Link
More troubling is the fact that Ron Paul’s website mourned the passing of virulent anti-Semite, Eustace Mullins. Link In my files I have a copy of Mullins’ booklet, “My Life In Christ,” which was printed for him by Aryan Nations. Any investigation of Mullins reveals strong anti-Semitism. The question is who controls Ron’s website? I am sure Paul does not.
Ron’s real stance on Israel is clear and the rumors of anti-Semitism are false. Here is Ron’s stance on Israel in this interview. Here is Ron’s interview with Newsmax on his support of Israel and from The Atlantic, “Ron Paul is More Mainstream than His Opponents on Foreign Policy.”
11. Ron Paul’s new Plan to Restore America basically abolishes all the cabinet level departments tasked with implementation and dissemination of Agenda 21. His supporters have been hot on all the Agenda 21 issues for a long time. They’re probably the ones who got Rand Paul up to speed on the issues, since he didn’t have a clue when one of our researchers wrote to him. Ron is proposing One Trillion dollars in budget cuts! Link Here are the key components of Paul’s economic plan, “Restore America,” released in October.
It’s not mentioned by name anywhere in Ron Paul’s 11 page Plan to Restore America; but, the cabinet-level departments he’s abolishing (page 2 on his plan) are the same departments (Energy, HUD, Commerce, Interior & Education) that Bill Clinton appointed to his President’s Council on Sustainable Development in 1993 to co-ordinate with the UN’s Agenda 21. Link
For this reason alone I’d cast my vote for Ron Paul. If you are unaware of what UN Agenda 21/Sustainable Development/Smart Growth/Smart Meters/Wildlands Project is all about, then visit Tom DeWeese’s site on Agenda 21.
No one has ever accused Ron Paul of being a flip-flopper. He has been saying the same things for 35 years. Now the latest events in America and the world have conspired to make him look increasingly on target.
Congressman Paul is by far the most radically anti-big government candidate in the running. He’d boil the Federal government back down to a few skeletal constitutional functions. He’d cut all foreign aid, abolish the http://www.youtube.com/v/3dl1y-zBAFg, cut taxes, eliminate the Patriot Act, get rid of Obamacare, return us to a gold standard, as well as eliminating the welfare state, and federal income taxes. He hates bipartisan compromise and loves gridlock!
Are there things on which I’d disagree with Dr. Paul? You bet there are! But there are far more things I agree with him on, especially his love of liberty and the Constitution. I have spent the better part of six months researching Dr. Paul and have collected hundreds of documents and articles on the man. The elite establishment politicos and media will do anything to destroy the reputation of this man, yet he gains more followers as the days go by. Recently he was on the Jay Leno Show. Leno asked him how he liked the debates so far and Ron answered that standing there for two hours to speak for three minutes wasn’t very enjoyable. Jay also made the statement that the bottom 15% of Americans pay no taxes. Ron quipped back, “That’s a good start!”
Paul isn’t a 6’2″ square jawed hunk of male flesh with a pompous arrogant, know-it-all attitude. He’s a little Banty rooster who’s smaller and faster than the globalists he’s running against and who loves freedom. If there’s any chance in saving our country, I believe it’s with Congressman Ron Paul.
P.S. Here is a recent article written by his first and only speech writer in 1976. I think you’ll enjoy it!
This is one of numerous entries in Kelleigh Nelson’s “Phony Right Wing” series, on the 2012 GOP presidential candidates.
Gulag Bound, and other key sources.