NoisyRoom – By: AJ
Socialist Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) “compiled a list of some of the 10 worst corporate income tax avoiders;” it’s being publicized by the far-left MoveOn.org (financed by George Soros), NPR and other Progressive websites. Five on the list are also on the UN Global Compact’s “selection” of corporations as follows:
- General Electric: CEO Jeffrey Immelt is also Obama’s Green Jobs Czar, a top contributor to Obama’s 2008 campaign at $499,130 and one of the two biggest recipients of government contracts since Obama took the White House.
- Bank of America: The Board Chairman of BofA, Charles O. Holliday, serves on the UN Global Compact Board and BofA is a top contributor to their “top recipient,” Obama, for his 2008 campaign at $421,000.
- Citigroup: A top contributor to Obama’s 2008 campaign at $701,290.
- Chevron: A top contributor to Obama’s 2008 campaign at $77,875.
- Exxon Mobile: A top contributor to Obama’s 2008 campaign at $117,946.
The other five, although not called out on the UN list, are an interesting bunch – with President Obama’s BFF Goldman Sachs, more big oil, aerospace and a cruise ship company all in the mix:
- Goldman Sachs: A top contributor to Obama’s 2008 campaign at $994,795.
- Valero Energy: The top independent US refining company who sold its remaining plants on the East Coast in 2010.
- Conoco Phillips: Obama named Board Director of Conoco Phillips, William K. Reilly, as co-chair of the Deepwater Horizon oil catastrophe commission. Reilly served as EPA Chief under Bush.
- Boeing: A top contributor to Obama’s 2008 campaign at $152,573 plus nearly $99,000 given to Obama’s 2008 campaign by Boeing employees. Boeing is one of the two biggest recipients of government contracts since Obama took the White House.
- Carnival Cruise Lines: Moving from California to Australia in early 2012.
We see that 7 out of the 10 tax avoiders were big contributors to Obama: 1 is leaving the U.S. (the global elites are undoubtedly happy the de-industrialization of America is moving right along), 1 sells its assets (more de-industrialization) and 1 has a Board Director that receives a co-chair appointment by Obama. Looks pretty cozy, but Obama’s comrades are the ones who are calling these companies out.
Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-NY) led the House Ways and Means committee that wrote the tax code. You remember him… he was sanctioned by Congress in 2010 for evading taxes. With corruption run amok in Washington by career politicians (Progressives on both sides of the aisle), do you think the tax code was massaged to provide loop-holes so that their chosen corporations could take advantage and avoid paying income taxes on their profits? It’s difficult to know for sure, but it’s worth considering given their close ties to Obama and because at least half of them are allied with the global elites.
How ironic that the Progressives are the ones calling out the corporate tax avoiders, but if we’ve learned anything about Progressive tactics, we know they’re most likely doing this to gin up the class-warfare, “tax the rich,” “Capitalism doesn’t work” propaganda for the masses. The government-controlled media in this country will advance this narrative with fervor and delight.
George Orwell’s 1984 is rapidly becoming America ’s reality; Progressives create the situation/crisis and then they’ll bring forth their “solution” which will propel America further into the abyss that will ultimately usher in Global Governance under the UN global elites and the end of freedom and the free market system in America.
That’s exactly where Obama and Soros are steering our country. Don’t believe it? Just look at some of the headlines from the last few days…
- Trevor Loudon at NoisyRoom – Say “Goodbye” to the Dollar. The BRIC Summit (Brazil, Russia, India and China alliance).
- Congressman Ron Paul – Geithner has approved plans for (IMF) to absorb the Fed??? The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is controlled by the UN global elites. How convenient.
- BBC News Business – World Bank president: ‘One shock away from crisis.’ A convenient set-up to justify global control and world-wide socialism, isn’t it?
- Forbes – Stocks Stumble After S&P Revises U.S. Debt Outlook. That’s right, the unthinkable happened… “Standard & Poor’s lowered its long-term credit outlook on the U.S. to negative from stable Monday.”
- CNS News – U.S. Gov’t Agency Plans $2.84 Billion Loan for Oil Refinery – In Colombia.
- Judicial Watch – IRS pays $513 Mil In Bogus Credits Under Stimulus.
- CNS News – U.S. Debt Tops $14.3 Trillion for First Time.
- Arlen Williams at NoisyRoom – IMF Bank Lords & George Soros’ INET at Bretton Woods, What’s the Diff?
- Yahoo Finance – BRICS Make Move to Shove Dollar Aside.
- Daily Caller – The ‘hidden tax’: Report estimates regulation costs economy $1.75 trillion.
Subscribe to The Globe & Malevolence daily intelligence briefing via Noisy Room, Maggie's Notebook, Gulag Bound, and other key sources.